Monday, September 15, 2008

Sizing it up !!!

I took the battle of Ram to Dr. Das over the weekend.

Dr. Das is amazing human being. Very humorous, fun loving, extremely knowledgeable and down to earth.
I get a lot of comfort in his presence and in his words.
Dr. Das listened to the story of the battle. As usual smiled and nodded through it without uttering a word. Very intent listener he is.
When I was done he said, "I know you did not tell me this to get a solution. I do not have a solution to this issue. And I know you would find a solution yourself."
That was comforting already.
Dr. Das goes on to a small story from mythology.
"When Hanuman was sent to bring Vishalyakarani from the Gandhamardhana mountains to save the life of Laxman, he could not find out the small plant in the big mountain.

It became a big issue for him.

As we all know, he expanded his body to bigger than that of the mountain and took the whole mountain to Lanka Nagaree. "
"Our issues might be much bigger in scale than what it look before we understand it completely. And we all have to grow bigger than the issues to face them effectively"

No comments: