Thursday, September 25, 2008

Interesting Trend ...

Not sure, if it is exactly a trend in making or couple of spurious cases in a short span of time.


A couple of days after the Sr. Mgr who went to join active state level politics, from a smooth, conenient, well orchestrated life of a corporate employee
I got a ping on the istant message from one young engineer, who was hired from one of the prestigeous IITs, 2 yrs ago in to this company.

He does not work for me. Infact, I not sure who he does work for. I remember meeting him in the new hire induction program (where I normally do the Corporate culture talk) two years ago.


He wanted to talk to me for a few minutes.

Normally these kind of suspicious instant messages from other team people come, when they want to change their team ;)

He walked in and told that I am quitting Cisco to go to Delhi and to prepare for Civil services. Then he delivered a very convincing powerful argument, why Civil service might be the right thing to do ! He wanted to share that with me. I was feeling honored in way, while wondering why he was sharing that with me, that to asking for a one on one meeting.

I am very excited to see these young successful corporate people, wanting to go back to public life. Where the root of all socio financial changes lie.

We are all on the periphery, because it is convenient. These young people are risking that convenience and security and taking bold steps.

This is really heartening to see.The trend vanished in last 10-13 years. It is return of a healthy trend in a way and in the right time.


Wished him all the best and asked him to add me in his Orkut friend list to stay in touch. I am sure he is going to succeed. He has that determination to do something - different !

No comments: