Friday, September 19, 2008

Re-living a long dead dream !

I have never been so excited lately.
Today a senior manager from our extended team walked in. He has been around just for about 3-4 months.
We have never interacted personally. It was more in meetings and other work related interactions.

So, when he pinged me to meet me personally behind closed door, I could not really guess a reason. That rarely happens.

He came in, and told something is running in his mind that he wanted to share with me. Personal !!!!

Then he said, he is going on a long leave from job. To try his hands active state level politics.

He goes on - "I have handled teams up to 300 people. Been to IISc to study. Publish many patents. Headed business worth 2 Billion USD. Its his time to go back and do something in the space of real leadership."

Over the talks, I did figure that he already has a good support structure in state level politics, including the current chief minister of the state. He is very hopeful that he will get a ticket to run !

I for the first time did feel that Indian politics is heading in the right direction. Taking the right turns. Attracting the right talent.

Its no more the dirty word that everyone could utter in front of others.

Did a cheers for his career in politics with two liquor chocolates :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He reminded me of my student days, when I never thought I would end up being an engineer. I was very active in politics through student councils. My late political mentor (very renound politician of those days), used to trust me with very critical jobs like worker union and factory owner conflict resolution. I was well on my way to state level politics.

It was turn of the fate and lack of mental strength, that dragged me to a more mediocre career. The whole passion for public life was re-kindled in me, through him.

Alas ! I ve been traveling way long in a one way traffic with no U-turns.

No comments: