Friday, April 3, 2009

A story of two trees ..

Once I went to an ancient temple in Orissa with my father. I was a kid then (I still am :) .

There was one of natures wonders. Two Ashoka Trees believed to be thousands of years old.

One of them Bigger than the other. Shadowing the smaller one. Lil gray leaves.

The smaller one had luscious green leaves. But it was smaller. It was in the shadow of the bigger one ! All along.

They were both planted on the same soil. Same place. Same number of years. One had better leaves than others. But it was smaller than the other one.
And in the shadow !

Somethings happening lately, that reminds me of those trees. The smaller one in particular. The one that exemplifies "Threat perception". Its time to break out !

A tree does not have to move for its food. And anything that can move and does not move, for food and growth, becomes like a tree. The smaller one of the twins in particular.

No comments: