Monday, March 16, 2009

Questioning - simplified !

I started meeting a few second line managers of the new org.
My intention was to bring out the level of bonding between them. High level - who is in whose camp. Who likes whom. Who is singled out etc.
And of course, the only way to get this done is in 1:1s. I ve been toiling with what should be my questioning way of getting this awkward information from anyone.
So, when came the time, I asked the question this way - "So who are the other leaders that you do not like ?" pretty straight and up front question out of no where, middle of a harmless discussion - followed by a long silence until the person talks something. Followed by more silence. Until s/he talks all and stops.
I think I ve the so called "affiliation map" of the org now.

No comments: