Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Going back to white board

Being in a transition brings its own set of anxious moments !

New technologies to learn. New people to work with. New process to learn and influence !

So, I started formally my preparation for the new job ! From a scratch pad. A white board !

Put buckets - technology, people and their preferences and cribs, process and pitfalls, customers and their wishes and whining ! All on a whiteboard. The old set and the new set.

Then started deep dive on each one. There it was in front of me ! A lot of similarities.

Same customers ! Same set of expectations !

Similar people - different names ! Same set of emotions and passion ! Same set of complains.

That left the technology and process parts. Which I spent few hours reading up ! Interestingly, new jargons - same theme !

Good that I went to the white board. In a way - I declared end of my own jobless-ness !

I am sure, it will be a U turn to busy street from here.

No comments: