Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let it fizzle out !!

I learnt it as a corporate damage control topic from my boss ! Although not sure, whether it was done by design.
There was a sensitive announcement that was supposed to be made. A month ago. The announcement could have been a distraction for current operations.
This is what happened. My boss did not make any announcement. Rather, kept on pushing the date of announcement out. While letting the news sneak out in smaller forums through the month, under the vows of confidentiality.
Now, almost everyone knows it. Deals with it for a month. And then the announcement comes. The surprise factor is gone and hence the shock which could have caused org distractions.
This can be a very effective tool for me to use in future :)
So, to my boss, if you did it by design or not, it was great !

No comments: