Monday, January 26, 2009

Follow up on Biking in Bangalore - 2009

Ok. I went to the nearby mall (6kms from house) for some fruits, vegetable and other stuff. I took my cycle this time.

Apart from harsh reminders on the road from the Car and Auto drivers, that there is no right of the way for cyclists, there was nothing wrong.

That is, until I got to the mall !!

The guy, who was mending the parking tickets, did not know whether to let me go in without a parking slip or charge me same as a motor bike (two wheeler as they call it in India).

Undoubtedly, I am the first slumdog cyclists coming to the funky mall !!!!!

I stood patiently until he calls he manager. His manager, unwilling to take a decision, calls another boss. I waited patiently.

Then they started debating right in my front. Another 5 mins !

Finally I interrupted them, and asked a simple question. "How many wheels does my cycle have ? " One of them said, TWO.

I said, give me a parking slip for a two wheeler.

More than biking in Bangalore - it was a classic case of "Decision making ability of Indians and the empowerment".

No comments: