Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lessons while you relax ..

Just because it is weekend, does not mean you do not learn much...

Among the household chores, few games of monopoly with kids, helping them finish the weekend homework, I bumped in to a few CDs that I used to listen years ago. Off late, I ve not listening to music or watching TV (in last 8 years may be).

I listened to this one, which used to be my favorite long time ago (Yes ! the CDs still work !).
For about 20 times !

The Gambler - Kenny Rogers

Snippets of the lyrics here

"He said, son, Ive made a life out of readin peoples faces,
And knowin what their cards were by the way they held their eyes.
So if you dont mind my sayin, I can see youre out of aces.
For a taste of your whiskey Ill give you some advice.

So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow.
Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light.
And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression.
Said, if youre gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done."

No comments: