Sunday, August 19, 2012

My experiments with truth

Something I should have read a long time ago !! Long long time ago. Being a book lover, I feel ashamed that I ve not read the "experiments with truth" - auto biography of Mahatma Gandhi for so long !

So, when I had the first opportunity to sit on a 24 hrs flight, I picked this book up. Much to my surprise, its so refreshing after 90 yrs of being written. Nothing has really changed.

The "Mahatma" known for Amhisa - non-violence, that is universally known as the greatest ever piece of ammunition to throw British out, tried the meat-eating to be strong to throw British out in the first place.

End of the day - its all experiments ! And some do come true. Help one out and become a trusted tool. Not all tools are perfect for all jobs. For sure !!

Mahatma, before he was known as mahatma, was sure that being strong by eating meat, will make Indian's as strong as British rulers, and was the way to fight them out of the country. And this, when eating meat was a sin for him, his religion and in the view of his family. He tried it in hiding !!





The intention was very much the same. The experiments were different. Some failed, and one clicked. That's all that need to click.

Simple yet profound !

As I go on with this book, I will have few more interesting excerpts here in betaal-speak !

No comments: