Friday, August 31, 2012

Hard work that beats genius ..

Being a tennis buff, I do wait for grand slams, very eagerly ! US Open being the last slam of the year, does boost that anxiety a bit more.

However, since I got the news, that Rafa is out of the tournament because  of ligament issues in his knee, I am not getting that urge to dip me in to the couch to watch the match.

Not fiddling my fingers on smart phone to check how the draw progresses. The interest has remarkably dipped.

And not because, I am Rafa fan or I do not have respect for the games the other greats play. Its more of connection to the game is missing.


After all Roger is a genius. Joker is perfectly programed machine. But it is Rafa, who wins over the genius, by pure hard work and perseverance. And that gives hope the common man. They don't have to be genius !!

No comments: