Sunday, May 31, 2009

Education begins at home ..

.. or so all like believe !

I happened to be at the Mysore palace Sunday afternoon, being host to couple of old friends. Very crowded place.

They don't allow shoes inside. And the crowd at the shoe stand was un-controllable.

I offered up to look after these friends and their kids shoes.

It was a long meditation in the crowd looking at shoes, where clearly professional working on stealing them.

Then a middle aged woman comes along with her teenage daughter and found that daughters shoes are missing. She was really in a cranky mood. Pushed literally my 4 yrs old who was sitting on the floor to get some rest.

Then asked her daughter to pick up any pair of good shoes which she thinks will fit her, in Bengali - the language I understand !

I followed the discussion clearly. And was shocked by a mom suggesting to a growing daughter to steal to compensate for something stolen !

No comments: