Sunday, May 3, 2009

Courage to "feed"back !

I sincerely doubt local services are bold enough to take customer feedback, process them and convert them to leverages.

I rented a big SUV for the long weekend to go up a mountain with kids. The driver was trained in Bangalore call center cabs and did lack the skills of carrying a vacationing family for sure.

Starting from safety considerations, like moving when someone is still getting down and door is open, taking the mountainous hair-pin bends, vanishing from the wheels leaving the customers in hot summer sun for hours etc.

Well ! After the trip is over, and Thank GOD its over, I called up the CAB company and requested them not to send this particular cab driver with family crowds.

The driver is pissed with my action and calling me every few minutes drunk !

Not sure, giving the feedback or taking it - needs more courage !

1 comment:

Abhinav said...

Something similar happens in some IT companies in Bangalore (got to know from a friend who experienced this first-hand) - Engineers are threatened and persuaded by their direct managers against giving negative feedback to second lines / HR, citing following reasons/thought process openly:
* No use complaining
* I will get to know who said what
* I will make life hell for you
* Be careful during recession

So, I guess the feedback problem is universal - not just restricted to badly behaved cab drivers :)