Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Premonition ..

Day before yeasterday, evening around 7 PM I got a panic call from one of India Big telecom service provider (R) account.
They were setting up a new service in Chenai, that would enable users to get very high speed internet on their handhelds.
Well, the problem was a collaboration issue between different functions, and a quick call sorted it out. However, what shocked me is, normally all new service introduction, R gives us prior notice and plan. This one was quick and random and out of no where.
When I was going through the call, I was thinking, "I saw it coming". I saw this thing happening with exact same service provider in the exact same location, even without any one conveying the plan to me.
Premonition ????
No - Flashback ! Last week I read in the Business section of newspaper, how everyone waiting for more wireless spectrum to roll out high speed data to hand-helds. I also read that a govt. back service provider (B) which got access to a spectrum before the actual release of the frequencies started the operations in Chennai. While reading that article, I knew R will do something quick. Same service in the same city. And they are our customers.
I knew that time, that they do not have time to plan.
So, its not premonition for sure. But, sometimes these seemingly informational news reading, tells your inner self, how its going to impact you.
And, this is "instinct", "guts" a very powerful tool - and when over used can cause "paranoia".

1 comment:

DivSu said...

Paranoia and premonition are the hallmarks of Betaal, no? :D