Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Need vs. Greed !

Well ! This article may not sound good to Restaurateurs or Nutritionists.

Last 4 weeks, I am on a plan, where I am taking may be 1/4th of the usual amount of the food I used to take in a normal day.

First couple of days, I felt hungry and sometimes weak too. Then it slowly over a week I got used to it. 4 weeks in to it. I am feeling much more energetic and active with the same amount of food.

Whatever food that I have, I seem to enjoy it much more.

Is it a possibility that we all take much more inputs that we really need ??

This brief experiment reminds me two great people.

Mahatma Gandhi said - "Nature has enough for human's need but not for its greed".

My Father said along time ago - "Nidra, Ahara and Maithuna" the more you get these more you need these !

I guess, both of them are right :)

1 comment:

DivSu said...

Food follows an exception for me. I eat it more for the sake of eating, than to actually fulfill nutrition needs ;) But sleep I can vouch for. The more I sleep, the more sleepy I feel ;)