Thursday, October 2, 2008

Permission needed !!!

.. to get in to my own house, that is !!!

Way back in 2000, I bought my first ever real estate from my own hard earned money. A small apartment for my parents to live in a very calm and safe locality for my native town.
Till that time, we as a family did not have a place to call our own. We have moved from government quarter to quarter and in between rented places.
So, obviously it was a moment of elation for me (even though I was living thousands of miles away in the states that time).
Subsequently, in 2005, my parents were thrown out of that house, with their belongings by a local small politician as she wanted the place to be vacated and she could. Very basic and premitive reasons indeed. Police could not help. Law could not help.
Total 12 families were there in that small apartment complex. 11 of them were evicted. One of them made all others to come to road.
When all the legal way would not yield any result, obviously we rented another place nearby and stayed while our own house stayed empty and unused.
Today, while walking by that house, I thought of getting in there and just to see how things are. Or may be just get it cleaned even if no one can not stay there. It still legally belongs to me.
There was this big lock on the main gate. I asked the neighboring people, who can give me the key to get in. And they said, either the person who threw all of you out or get a special permission from police to get in.
I went to police station with an hand written application. Stood in line for an hour waiting for the inspector to show up. Asked him, I need some support and if needed protection, to get in to my house.
They all know, who the only person staying there, and her love to stay alone. And everyone is aware of her powers and connections and abilities to destroy.
No one helped. No one even entertained the idea of accepting the application.
Spent around half day around the police station. Not something I do usually. And eventually came back.
..and it is a long story with this woman, who has evicted all co-owners of that apartment complex. I would document that in my next blog.
It is relatively easy, to fight something outright unfair and illegal in corporate world. When it comes to state level politics, I am so far away even understanding it !!!

2 comments:

DivSu said...

Just get in there @ night and conk her head off with a stone, that is the only way to deal with such people, scruples won't work ;)

Unknown said...

this is unreasonable! i feel bad for ur parents who had to give up their house. i'm waiting for the story where the crazy lady was able to vacate everyone!