Friday, October 31, 2008

Cleaning fish !!!


I am new to this aquarium thing. Just few months ago, up on kids request, I just bought a small 6 gallon aquarium and 6 fishes.

I carefully chose all the fishes I wanted, the colorful ones, made couples of each type.

Within a month I realized that, the water becomes dirty way too often. I ve seen other aquariums in other friends places. Much bigger ones. But do they also spend that much time, cleaning and recycling the water ?

So, when a close friend and a aquarium lover for many many years visited home for Diwali, I asked him how to keep it clean for longer.

He looked at all the fishes and said, you are lacking a "cleaning fish". One that would live on the filth created by water and other fishes. It just made sense, all of a sudden.

No system can sustain with just beautifully paired best looking participants. The most important participant is the one doing so called "dirty job".

It solves one of my professional problem. I know how to answer questions from my engineers who say why they are doing dirty job. Also, I now know, who are the ones to pay more attention and value in my own org.

No comments: