Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mobile Health Care in India

With respect to one of my recent work, I was looking for different things that ails Health Care System of India.

And, on of the key ailment of Indian Health Care seems to be "Delivery" of health services.

While there are plenty of doctors and hospitals in urban areas where Health Care as a business is making sense, the rural places do not have access to health care, easily.

And some of the companies trying to solve this problem of distribution through "Mobile Health Care" systems.

Whenever I travel to rural places, now I keep an eye on  how health services are being distributed to this area for my learning.

And guess what, most of the places I found is this age old mobile health service provider !! In each village, in each small market place. A van, a few posters with speakers talking about different health services :) Take a look at the picture ....

No comments: