Monday, August 25, 2008

Work Life Balance - Setting Goal !

Based on your own preferred accounting mechanism once the Work and Life parts are measured, it would be easy to know where to focus.
There are 3 possibilities.
- More Work. Less Life. (MWLL)
- Less Work. More Life. (LWML)
- Less Work. Less Life. (LWLL - Yes ! This is also a case of imbalance)
The fourth possibility - More Work and more life (MWML) is discounted. As if thats the case, there is perfect harmony already. I would love to work for you :)
Now the constraints.
Quantity of time - Upper limit is 24 hrs a day. Time we spend on work, time we spend on life and time we waste because of procastination or stress, all together.
Quality of time - A flexible dimension that can be tweaked to achieve MWML.
Now, lets have our eye on MWML target based on how much success we want at work and how much at life. Again, feel free to use your own numbering system. I like decimal :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I am writing it, I am also doing my own math. For the first time in my life I am taking a serious look at achieving MWML :)

No comments: