Tuesday, May 6, 2014

turning villain ..

After 16+ years of working in the company, and breaking many rules on the way (with the intent of creating better ones), I ve gotten one HR complaint filed against me today. Damn !!

Half of the HR execs found new masala to go after - inquiring what went wrong  !

The process of building a team from the scratch, needs a lot of hiring to happen. And in the current economy where most of the industry biggies are laying off people, I thought "hiring" is a good place to be. And with people internal to my existing company not getting enough opportunity to be part of growing teams, made me think I should focus on hiring internal talent instead from the market.

Now, little did I know, the HR recruiting team does not have much incentive plan around internal hiring (tongue in cheek) !! And there has been ZERO support from staffing team.

No internal marketing of the positions available, no proactive search for people who have registered in company database as looking out of change etc.

So, yes I was critical about the in-capabilities and lack of intention from the staffing team. And the person goes and files a completely diabolic case against me ! That I am scaring people of big up coming lay off and all. Not sure where he got the idea from.

Today, I m most wanted by global HR execs. Interrogation !! Some of my staff and ex-staff go through it too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should ask them to also talk to people who are joining the group, and check what rumours, FUD their management gave to get them to stay back :)

Chances are, they will be the same :)