Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heightened senses..

Few months ago, I tried to help a struggling manager with a small metaphor.
This manager was not the usual, organically grown from technical hands-on engineering ranks !
But had enough common sense to land there. And penchant to follow right things up at right time.

But, he did have tough time feeling competent in a group where everyone else grew from engineering and technically strong. Understanding of business and other technical problems came easy to them - but not so easy to this manger !

Among all other tips, I told him "For a blind person, other senses are very heightened. Their touch, smell, hearing capabilities etc are much more enhanced." And I did forget about what I told ..

Today the same person comes back and thanks me for that one liner ! And his other non-technical skills have enhanced quite a bit ! 




No comments: