Sunday, September 4, 2011

Childhood OCD'ity ???

Disclaimer : Not really trying to be pointing out any fault in any behavior below ! Just that I see that around me a lot and this is one more instance !

There was a new admission to the tennis class where I take my kids to. So, on a Lazy Sunday afternoon, I am just sitting beside the court and watch kids arranged in to beginners, Intermediate and Advanced in to three different pools - hitting at it ! While the coaches keep feeding baskets of balls shouting "Forehand", "Backhand", "Don't open the face of the racquet" etc.

The new admission is a cute lil (around 7-8 yrs) girl in a pink frock and 2 pony tails. Noticed one thing in her.. she was not really interested in hitting the balls, or listening to the coach. She was very very bothered by 100s of balls lying around on the ground. So, she eagerly waited each time to the shout "Clean up". She was at it immediately. Collecting as many balls as possible and stacking them neatly back in the basket. I could not ignore the smile and satisfaction in her face, when the ground was clean.

Then as soon as the game begins and the balls started floating around, she looked stressed !

That thing (OCD'ity as I call it) comes in every size, really !!


1 comment:

DivSu said...

Apparently, it starts early ;)