Saturday, February 6, 2010

Walking back from the "End State"

Currently, I ve an assignment that is much bigger than what I ve ever dealt with in my professional life. So, I am feeling much like how Nillekani might have felt being given the UIDB job. Just in a different scale may be ;)

Last few weeks I am completely lost about even where to start, as the problem definition is so vast.

Whatever I think of, has been thought of by someone already. Whatever I feel is a gap, has no money in it, for the business to be sustainable. But, just staying away from all the money, schedule, business viability, I do see 10-15 yrs away, entire country / region needing a solution that should start being in place from now.

The need is clear. The problem definition is crisp. There is only going to be increasing need for this. Then why does not it fit the standard business plan criteria to get funded and started ?

Trying out a complete new approach ! Dream the "End State". Scenario 2020 for emerging country like India. Then walk each block of that desired end state from 2010, without thinking Money / P&L for now !!

Will update how it goes :)

No comments: