Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Optimism

Whenever I am at my native place, an used to be sleepy town, that is joining the race of "India Shining" growth lately, I meet one of my old friends, without fail.

This person was my classmate during IIT days, went just like all of us to work in US for several years. During the wave of reverse brain drain, when a lot of came back to settle in Bangalore, the IT capital of India, this friend came back to this small town. And more importantly to start IT business.

He has seen his highs and lows just like any other entrepreneur.

This time when I met him, he was going through a low. The projects pipeline has reduced. He company has reduced to only himself and a young trusted programmer. He is able to make enough to run his family. But thats about it as it seemed.

So, during the talk I just brought up the topic of joining a normal job like one of us and was aback by his response and the optimism in that response.

He said - "There are 365 days in a year. And I just need 3 good days out of the 365. Which is less than 1%. 2 days to come across 2 good employable young people and 1 day to land a good project and I am back on saddle".

Nice way to look at it. No matter how unlucky you currently are, 1% of time one will have his luck ! Now, are we looking for that 1% time so that we catch them before the dawn on us ??

No comments: