Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Loosing trust - made simple !

A lil girl eats Corn Flakes and Milk every morning.
She got tired of it. She wanted some change in the breakfast plan. Then she saw neighbors daughter who eats Aloo Pratha and Achar in the morning.

She went to her mom and asked, - "Can I have Aloo Paratha and Achar for breakfast ?"

Mom said, that may not be an healthy option. But if you like it so much, lets do one thing.
Why don't you do some extra home work for 2-3 months, and then I ll make sure you get that breakfast you want.

The lil girl complained that she asked her for a change in breakfast 6 months ago and why 3 more months ? Her mom could not recollect when she asked for that !!! They never had a discussion on changing the breakfast !!

Anyway, the lil girl really wanted that. So, she started doing a bit more home work for a while. They she started loosing trust if mom really meant she would let her do that after 3 months.

So, she went to neighbors mom, and said, can you talk to my mom to feed me the breakfast of my choice ?

The neighbors mom asked her mom, "why not let her have it from now on ?"

Then her mom asked the lil girl, did you go talk to neighbors mom for a quick change ? Did not you trust me ?

She said - "No I did not talk to our neighbors mom".

Hmmmm... !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing multiple people to get something done quick is an art. If not done right, it can destroy trust and make things much more difficult.

1 comment:

DivSu said...

Hmm..I hope I am never up to playing multiple people to the same thing.

I think (at least I hope) I can accept negative feedback when given to me gracefully and work on it to get better :)

What do you think?