Saturday, February 16, 2013

Training the "sub-conscious"

So many behaviors are part of our subconscious. And any one of them we need to change, we have to consciously work on it for weeks, months, years - as part of a plan !

Some change for good. Most don't. The moment the plan is over, the subconscious programming takes over. 

So, what is the effective way of training sub-conscious ? If a food pattern needs to be strictly followed, consciously - it becomes a "diet plan". And comes with a shelf life !

Any set of tough actions put in form of a plan to follow, works against the basic core nature of the living adults, the freedom !! And hence fails.

So, here is a middle path I am currently experimenting with.

"Just Watch but take no action".

What is my morning weight ? Did I lose temper any day ? Did I spend 1 hr in some form of sports or physical activity ? Simple parameters to watch in coded, compact way.

Just a daily note of gibberish that looks like MW=x, A=0, WO=1 etc. in a journal.

But no specific action or plan kicks in if MW is above a mark or below a mark. If A becomes > 0.
No plan. Just watch and document.

And month after month, I see the cumulative numbers are automatically coming closer to what the ideal values should be.

And because I am not doing any thing, I would not go back to anything !!

No comments: