Wednesday, December 29, 2010

.. and they said "Betaal could not be coached !!"

sorry for the egoistic title !

In years, I ve taken my first ever long vacation without having to open my hand bag at the airport.
Yes ! No carrying laptop... !

I always thought it would be a torture. For someone addicted to looking at screen and hoping for clear the mailbox and when done, waiting for the next mail.. it was a supposed to be a torture. But then, I gave up tobacco last year "Cold Turkey" !

Not a big deal ! Phew ..

I packed five books of different tastes instead in my hand bag.

Started with Paulo Choelho - "Brida" and "The witch of Portebello". As usual, typical Pualo. There were re-inforcement of many mythical other readings I ve done. Then the magnificently described "Dreams from my father" by none other than Barack Obama ! Loved the book. And more over could relate to every emotion depicted in that book.

Followed by Google story - not much to learn, but inspirational.

And finally (what ?? you may ask) "Sex and human loving" but three Doctors ! This was like, well - no one needs to learn "How to eat, self defend or procreate !" But a lot has been written on the fundamental rights that God gives at birth to each living being, irrespective whether one's is born in China or USA :)

Point is - no TV and no Laptop was NO problem ! Really !! 8 long days. And plenty to learn and evaluate and think and practice !!

Betaal can be coached - in absence of action and ego ! 

Next milestone is   "Do nothing for few days" !

1 comment:

Achala said...

Well done Sir and good luck for the next mission!! Btw, your post did help me to decide on which book to read next:)